Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Conversation: Jeff & Kory–Sixteen

Some conversation bit between Jeff and Kory.  It’s not finished, but I kinda really like it.  I love the dynamic that is developing between these two.  They’re very quickly becoming my main characters.  Which makes me happy, because I’m pretty much in love with Jeff Cooper.  No joke.  Kory Duchowski…  I mean, he’s cute and all, but Jeff and I have so much in common…  Eh.  Rambling.  Sorry.  On with the scene!

 

Jeff and Kory were sitting in their respective beds studying. Or, rather, Jeff was studying. Kory was doing his best to be a general pest. Though his efforts were sorely in vain, as Jeff had by now found some quite effective ways of ignoring the pesky blonde. Eventually, though, Kory resorted to plopping himself heavily on Jeff’s bed and yanking the text book clear out of his hands.

Jeff rolled his eyes. “What, Kory? I have homework. And so do you.”

“Actually, if I remember correctly,” Kory replied impishly, “you finished your homework an hour ago. So, if I’m not mistaken, this is Tony’s homework. Isn’t it?”

“Actually, it’s Justin’s—“

“Whatever,” the blonde shrugged. “It’s still not yours. So why are you doing it?”

Jeff let out an exasperated sigh as he attempted to snatch the book back. “You know very well why.”

“Because they’ll beat you up for it? I told them last time they’d be sorry if they tried to so much as touch you again.”

“Kory,” Jeff said patiently, “as nice a thought as that is, you know as well as I do that it isn’t likely to work.”

“Oh, shut it with your probability jargon.” Kory swatted at Jeff’s head and tossed the book to the floor. “I’m bored. Entertain me.”

Jeff sighed once more, though a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth this time. “You know, behavior like this really doesn’t help Carlo’s opinion of us.”

“So?” Kory scrunched his nose up in annoyance. “Screw Carlo’s opinion. He’s completely wacko, anyway.”

“Wacko, huh?” Jeff mused, leaning back on his pillow and folding his hands behind his head. “That a technical term?”

“Dude, you’re such a dork,” Kory laughed, smacking him in the face with a pillow from his own bed before settling down on his stomach with the pillow under his chin.

“Seriously, though,” Jeff went on, “what exactly defines a person as crazy?”

“Hmm?” Kory mumbled in reply, his attention wavering.

“Well, I mean, who’s not to say we’re not all a little… Well, ‘wacko’?”

Kory just heaved a deep melodramatic sigh. “If you’re going to get all philosophical on me again, I’m gonna go make someone else entertain me.”

“Come on, Kory, I’m being serious!”

“Okay, okay,” Kory chuckled, rolling over so he could make proper eye contact. “What was it you were wanting to talk about?”

Now that he had the blonde’s full attention, though, Jeff suddenly seemed hesitant to say what was on his mind. The brunette shrugged uncomfortably. “I dunno…”

No comments:

Post a Comment